Monday, December 3, 2012

Diffusion of Responsibility







I've just knew that psychologist do have a term for this condition. Diffusion of responsibility, are the threat to all society in the world. It is YOU who will choose to make this world a better place. And surely what you give is what you get back.

I've been analyzing this condition recently, and unfortunately have to accept that nothing much can be done to change the mind of our society to NOT be just a bystander.
Not before something bad happen to people near us/that we know, then only people would care.



"Diffusion of responsibility is the idea that people are less likely to intervene to help someone who seems to need it if there are others present, because they perceive responsibility as being shared between all present, and therefore see themselves as being less responsible personally.

When alone, individuals are responsible for deciding how to respond appropriately to a situation. But when there are others present, we look to them for guidance, especially when an unusual or novel event is occurring, (such as an emergency). Unfortunately, this can cause everyone in the situation to assume that nothing needs to be done, if no one else is doing anything at the moment (an effect referred to as “pluralistic ignorance”)."

More info at: here


And i couldn't see any other solution that would perfectly encourages me to be out of the norm than what Al-Quran and Prophet Muhammad SAW had taught before. 

"Fastabiqu khairat, berlumba-lumbalah dalam membuat kebaikan!"

Yes, bravery is one thing to be develop. If you don't have the gut to approach the people in need, get help from the authorities.

I think this is another reason why I choose to become a doctor. It gives me the feeling that I am useful to my society. In any medical emergency moment where I happen to be there, I can offer some help. Although my knowledge may be limited, but at least I have some idea on the acute management of the patient on the scene. 

Anyway, do think about this psychology theory and reflect back with what we've seen in our daily living.

Lets make world a better place!


p/s: dalam dakwah sendiri pun, kita kena selamatkan semua orang, kan?? come come, lets do something walaupun sedikit!


No comments: